The delivery driver is directly responsible for the timely delivery of customer’s merchandise.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Operates company vehicles of various sizes.
- Deliveries of all new orders (copiers, printers, whiteboards, and supplies (toner, paper) (Illinois & Indiana), including downtown Chicago
- Delivery of recycle cardboard & metal scrap to scrap yard
- Pick-ups of lease returns from customers and supplies & machines from canon
- Follows daily procedures and protocols for ensuring proper deliver of merchandise to customers.
- Performs routine inspections and preventive maintenance on assigned vehicle and refers needed repairs to the Warehouse Manager.
- Help with equipment installs when needed (on light delivery day’s)
- Assist in the warehouse with recycle toner packing, recycle cardboard crushing and bailing, clean-up (on light days)
- Properly follows company policy and safety procedures.
- Brings problems to the attention of the Warehouse Manager
- Delivery Driver hours are 8:00 AM- 5:00 PM
- Hours may vary due to meetings, networking, training, etc.
- Manage time effectively through keeping priorities in order.
- Maintain general organizational skills through personal planning.
- Display high ethics, character, and commitment to the business.
- Display initiative in handling problems and making the business grow.
- Maintain a stable, positive daily personal disposition.
- On a monthly basis, proactively drive towards personal self-improvement.
- Accept responsibility for group behaviors and results.
- Recognize that change is a competitive edge and find the positive side to all change.
- Always follow the company policy procedures.
- Class C License
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- A valid state driver’s license with no active violations with the previous three years.
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Able to pass drug test
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, and climbing. Must frequently lift or move to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits and 401k
- PTO: 80 Hours + 1 Floating Holiday