The Associate Director works in partnership with the Executive Director to ensure success for the overall organization of the Niles Chamber of Commerce & Industry. The AD and ED work to manage and implement the NCCI strategic plan and carry out the strategic initiatives of the plan. The AD is directly responsible for event planning, social media, and other tasks as the ED deems necessary.
This position would be primarily responsible for our event planning including:
- Monthly networking events
- Monthly educational events
- Annual Golf Outing
- Annual Night of Roses Gala
- Developing budgets for these events
- Working with volunteer committees
- Working with venues & vendors
- Scheduling entertainment
This position would also be primarily responsible for maintaining Chamber social media channels (Niles Chamber and Niles Design District) as well as promoting Chamber members via social media including:
- Linked IN
Knowledge skills and abilities necessary include:
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, insight into group dynamics, and the ability to develop and foster relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to document communications effectively
- Proficiency in the entire Microsoft Suite is necessary, including WORD, EXCEL, Power Point & Publisher. The ideal candidate will be asked to demonstrate this proficiency. Previous experience with CRM software is a plus.
- Previous Chamber of Commerce involvement either as a member or employee is a plus.
Work environment: Normally a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues
Hours will include some mornings & evening as well as weekends
Must be able to drive and travel locally