Build your Career with an Industry Leader
Fort Dearborn Company is a leader in printed labels for the consumer products industry. Join Fort Dearborn and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for almost 100 years.
Summary: Meets safety, production, sustainability, and quality standards. Interacts with other departments to achieve company’s core strategies. Under general supervision moves product to accommodate production. Performs all of the duties required to be a Material Handler.
- We are looking for several individuals to fill our 2nd, and 3rd shift positions
- Payrate begins at $16 plus shift differentials
- Must be able to train on 1st shift
- Reads and understands Job Tickets and layouts in order to produce the correct product at the highest quality.
- Understands and executes plan schedule in an accurate and prompt manner to effectively maximize throughput.
- Works closely with all Associates to coordinate the workflow.
- Performance metrics must be at the average or greater for this position.
- Completes required documentation in an accurate and prompt manner.
- Safely operates material moving equipment.
- Assists in maintaining equipment for optimal operation, including adjustments. Assists with preventative maintenance.
- Correctly enters information into Fort Dearborn systems for job tracking and payroll.
- Disposes of waste materials into proper storage containers. Mark and identify containers with required documentation.
- Complies with established facility safety policies and procedures and other regulations (IE: GMP, HAACP, BRC) as applicable.
- Interacts and behaves professionally. Treats all associates respectfully and professionally while maintaining company code of ethics.
- Responsible for maintaining daily housekeeping efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skill, and ability.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. unassisted.
- Knowledge in Inventory Control and shipping/receiving activities is a plus.
Fort Dearborn offers a competitive wage and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
Fort Dearborn welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Fort Dearborn Company is an equal opportunity employer.