Machine Operator Starting at $16.50+
Build your Career with an Industry Leader
Fort Dearborn Company is a leader in printed labels for the consumer products industry. Join Fort Dearborn and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for almost 100 years. We are always looking for hardworking individuals to join our team and build a future with us.
About the Role:
This is an entry level position. Anyone with a great attitude who wants to grow their job into a career is encouraged to apply.
- We are currently looking for multiple individuals to work our 1st shift (6am-2pm), 2nd shift (2pm-10pm) and 3rd shift (10pm-6am)
- Must be able to train on 1st shift 6am-2pm
- Starting pay rate is $16.50/hour plus 5-8% shift differential
- Review job tickets and rule-up to determine customer specifications. Contact quality assurance to obtain approval to run job.
- Check for all errors in printing such as color, dog-ears, register and scum. Load product into cutter and cut. Check cutting operation and adjust as required to maintain specifications.
- Check die performance during operations to assure clean cuts. Change dies when necessary using a variety of hand tools and die changing facility.
- Operate hand or pallet truck to move finished product to staging area and/or to bring in empty skids, pallets, box, and carton supplies from storage areas.
- Complete load tags, tally sheets and final job tickets. Complete daily production sheets and record each job run, job number, customer name and any specifics pertaining to the job.
- Train new Die Cut Operators and helpers as necessary in cutting operations.
- Maintain area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Safety is priority #1 at Fort Dearborn Company
- Adhere to all plant and corporate safety rules, procedures, and guidelines.
- Reports all safety concerns or issues to immediate supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintain a good attitude and be willing to learn.
- Fort Dearborn has been around for almost 100 years, and we pride ourselves on our high level of excellence. Every team member of Fort Dearborn is expected to treat all associates respectfully and professionally.
- High school diploma or GED
- Machine Operator experience
- Fort Dearborn offers a competitive wage and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
Fort Dearborn welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Fort Dearborn Company is an equal opportunity employer.