Orchard Village is looking for a part time Recreation Specialist.
- Implement therapeutic recreational programs and group activities for clients designed in collaboration with the Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS).
- Follow best practice models for implementing therapeutic interventions.
- Maintain contact with clients and appropriate support staff, write accurate clinical notes, collect and monitor pertinent therapeutic recreation data and respond and revise plans as applicable.
· Two or more years of college courses in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Rehabilitation, or related field, preferred
· High School Diploma or GED, required
· Experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
· Experience organizing recreation activities, preferred
· Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy of person-centered services
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in MS Office applications
· Valid driver’s license, personal vehicle, and ability to travel to multiple sites required