Department Function: Finance
Summary of position: Under the supervision of the Controller, manage the General Ledger, including collection and processing of payments, bank reconciliations, AR aging schedule, resolving posting discrepancies, month-end closing, and maintenance of weekly/monthly standard reports.
Patient and Grants A/R, Cash, Bank reconciliations 50%
Monthly Adjusting entries and Accruals 15%
Standard Reports Preparation and Analysis 15%
Other duties as assigned 20%
- Reconcile patient account posting
- Answer communications (phone, mail and email) regarding any billing or claims-related concerns.
- Prepare reports for and participate in Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) weekly meetings.
- Count and record cash collected and prepare cash deposit.
- Travel to multiple clinic sites to collect fees from all AHS Family Health Center locations on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements to the GL.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and up-to-date records for various Journal Entries.
- Post and review payments received to appropriate accounts.
- Assist in balancing accounts receivable, reconciling statements as needed.
- Assist in preparing financial and statistical reports as directed
- 2-3 years of experience working in an accounting setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Experience with FQHC AR/collections, a plus
- Bilingual, a plus
- Highly organized, self-starter
- Patience to perform daily functions
- Customer service skills
- good work ethic - team player
- Frequently work in a seated position at a desk, frequent walking.
- Respond and react immediately to verbal instructions/requests and to auditory signals from equipment and personnel.
- Physically close and distance visual activities involving objects, persons, and paperwork, as well as discriminate depth and color perception.
- Perform mathematical calculations for billing transactions and administration.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar, vocabulary, word usage, and interpersonal skills.
- Typing and computer skills needed to process and submit claims online, and to communicate with personnel.
- Experience with general office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Access)
- Experience with MIP or other accounting software, preferred
- Work Habits:
- Accept constructive criticism with a positive attitude
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Show initiative and responsibility
- Exercise efficient time management
- Organized and ability to multi-task
- Patient relationships
- Approach patients in a professional manner
- Adapt communications to individual’s ability to understand
- Maintain confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Staff relationships
- Work as a team member
- Show leadership
- Follow established policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Use medical terminology appropriately
- Provide services in courteous and pleasant manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Maintain personal grooming appropriate to the health care profession