Village of Niles Teen Center Youth Worker
The Village of Niles is seeking a dedicated candidate for the part-time position of Teen Center Worker. This position provides leadership to middle school and high school teens at Teen Center programs and activities. This position works directly with the Teen Center Program Coordinator, youth population, youth advisory councils, other units of government, and other constituency members to provide a safe environment at the Teen Center. As attendance of the Teen Center and staff availability allows, this position produces creative digital content for the website, print, and social media. Starting hourly wage is $13.13 to $18.36, depending on qualifications.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Promote and maintain an environment that will provide a positive experience for all participants, visitors, volunteers and the community;
- Assist the Coordinator in planning, promoting, and facilitating programs for teens;
- Brainstorm, implement, and evaluate new programs of interest to teens;
- Create programming schedules and use digital media to publicize;
- Assist students with school work;
- Supervise volunteers and participants, both inside and outside of Teen Center facility and discipline when needed;
- Monitor all programs and services within the Teen Center;
- Ensure the safety and well-being of participants while involved in Teen Center activities;
- Provide support, positive role modeling, and informal guidance and mentoring and occasional outreach;
- Supervise the maintenance of equipment, supplies and facilities;
- Work independently with minimal supervision;
- Participate in teen events and trips.
Requirements and Conditions:
- Must have a valid state Driver’s License or ability to obtain one;
- Requires some college experience. Bachelor’s Degree required for higher pay;
- Work experience in youth programming and services;
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Graphic design, video editing, and social media management experience a plus;
- Marketing and advertising experience a plus;
- Summer hours are Monday- Friday, from 1:45 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. and additional hours as assigned;
- Regular school year hours are Monday- Friday, from 2:30 p.m.- 7:00 p.m., and additional hours as assigned.
To apply, candidates must complete an application on the Village’s website at www.vniles.com or submit an application and resume to the Human Resources Department, Village of Niles, 1000 Civic Center Drive, Niles, IL 60714, via E-mail email@example.com.
The Village of Niles is an Equal Opportunity Employer