Viking Gymnastics & Dance is Hiring Dance Instructors!
Viking Gymnastics & Dance is accepting immediate applications for part-time dance instructors. We are looking for individuals who have a strong background in teaching: Hip-Hop, Ballet, Tap, Jazz and Contemporary/Lyrical. Class shifts vary. Class ages range from 3 years through high school at the beginner and intermediate skill levels.
Our top priority is to seamlessly balance the rigors of a technical program while igniting the passion and unlocking the creative potential within our dancers. Currently, we are solely a recreational program with most of our students embarking on the very beginning of their dance journey. As a brand-new dance program experiencing beautiful growth; maintaining a positive and warm studio culture is important to us. We are looking for patient, yet energetic dance instructors to join our family!
- Create a positive and nurturing learning environment that inspires excellence and commitment to achieving goals.
- Stay up-to-date on new dance trends and training methods.
- Instruct students in proper, safe dance techniques in an effective and encouraging manner.
- Balance fun with rigor and passion.
- Instruct ages 3 through high school in a variety of class genres
- Instruct classes within the guidelines of a pre-established curriculum.
- Minimum 1-year studio teaching experience.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience teaching young children and beginning/intermediate level dancers.
- Ability to relate to, motivate, and energize students of all ages and skill levels.
- Comfortable with generating age appropriate choreographic material.
- Adequate knowledge of dance vocabulary and technique.
- Ability to work within the guidelines of a pre-established curriculum.
- Adequate knowledge of anatomy and kinesiology.
- Background or degree in Dance highly encouraged, but not required.
Please submit the following to Jennifer, the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com:
- Dance Resume or CV
- Cover Letter (Please state what age group, genres of dance and teaching availability)
- If available, links to choreography and/or performance reel
Compensation is competitive. Full time employees (30+ hours) have the ability to receive health, vision, and dental insurance. Both full time and part time employees are eligible to receive paid time off.