Viking Gymnastics & Dance is looking for kind and reliable individuals who want to make a positive impact while teaching artistic and technically strong dance to students aged 3-18. We are a family-oriented company that is always looking for talented individuals who share our passion for working with children. At Viking, we strive for excellence, embrace positivity, create community, and believe in doing the right thing.
The ideal candidate has previous experience and a passion for teaching children between the ages of 3-18. This position requires teaching creative movement classes to ages 3-5 and genre-specific classes for ages 6+. Instructional classes explore Ballet, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Contemporary/Lyrical, and Tap. Priority will be given to experienced candidates with Saturday morning and Tuesday/Thursday evening availability. This is a part-time position with the potential for additional hours and growth through subbing and training, dependent on the candidate's breadth of experience.
Our dance program philosophy is to seamlessly balance the rigors of a technical program while igniting the passion and unlocking the creative potential within our dancers. Viking’s dance program offers recreational and competitive options, with most of our students embarking on the very beginning of their dance journey. We take pride in maintaining a positive and warm studio culture and emphasize cultivating a team that is constantly striving to grow in dance pedagogical practices.
- Reliable and consistent presence for students including timely arrival and departure
- Maintain a motivational teaching presence
- Create a positive and nurturing learning environment for all students
- Instruct students through proper, safe, and informed dance techniques in an effective and encouraging manner
- Balance classroom fun with technical rigor and dedication
- Construct lesson plans based on basic curriculum guidelines
- Generate age-appropriate choreographic material to clean/appropriate music selections
- Choreograph and rehearse routines for program performances as needed
- Communicate effectively with parents regarding student progress and studio happenings to grow positive relationships
- Attend monthly dance staff meetings and quarterly all-staff meetings
- Aid in student evaluations for level placement/advancement
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years studio teaching or equivalent experience
- Experience teaching young children ages 3-18
- Experience teaching creative movement classes
- Responsible presence and level of commitment
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Ability to relate to, motivate, and energize students of all ages and skill levels
- Ability to work within the guidelines of a pre-established curriculum as well as evolving personal dance pedagogy
Preferred candidates moved forward in the process will be requested to submit the following:
- Viking Standard Employment Application including current availability. Classes are ongoing, so please provide availability for the 23/24 school year.
- Cover Letter describing your interest in the position and brief teaching philosophy.
- An online video link to class teaching segments and/or personal choreographic works.
Viking offers competitive pay, paid personal time off, birthday pay, simple IRA + company match, employee discounts, referral programs, and flexible schedules. Full-time employees (25+ hours) are also eligible for dental, vision, long-term disability, and health insurance.
Viking Gymnastics, LTD is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.