Real Estate Institute seeks a full time Events Coordinator to provide dedicated support in the administration and delivery of the various live and online educational programs.
Our customers work (or seek to begin work) in real estate, mortgage, insurance, and legal professions. We provide high-quality course programs and service. As the Events Coordinator, you will play an integral role to ensure these programs run smoothly and efficiently.
- Prepare the necessary course materials and equipment that are needed to support on-site and off-site events (exams, classes, webinars, information sessions, etc.).
- Process and reconcile materials returned following completed online and offline events. Ensure that all students records are updated appropriately in a prompt and careful manner.
- Become familiar with features of our systems that are used to prepare and reconcile events.
- Provide facilitation and support to students and instructors participating in live, online webinar training programs. This includes providing basic technical support.
- Serve as a periodic Event Facilitator with responsibilities including:
- Ensure classroom set-up matches specifications and make changes as needed.
- Interact with facility management to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Checking in students, verifying identification and provide course materials.
- Serving as a congenial host during student events; your friendly demeanor should leave a positive, lasting impression on our students.
- Providing clear instructions to students one-on-one and to the entire audience before the start of classes and/or examinations.
- Assisting with setup and take down of refreshments/lunches.
- Providing support to staff and contract instructors.
- Grade student exams and provide results while remaining very organized with testing materials.
- Work in collaboration with Events Manager to ensure that relevant training materials are current and updated as programs, policies, and procedures change.
- Manage all mobile audio/video equipment that is checked out and taken to off-site events. Serve as support person for A/V equipment installed at our facilities. Collaborate with coworkers regarding equipment needs or issues.
- Manage the electronic or physical archival of sensitive course and student documents. Become knowledgeable of and adhere to all state and federal regulator retention policies.
- Complete a periodic inventory of all course materials. Work with internal stakeholders on necessary replenishment when necessary.
- Learn complex licensing and course requirements and attend online training required to maintain/update these skills. Maintaining knowledge in these requirements is imperative to be successful in this position.
- In case of a student or facility emergency during an event, remain calm, take appropriate action, and later document related details.
- Must be comfortable with both directed administrative tasks and taking the lead on projects as assigned.
For consideration, you must have the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in an office setting in which you exceled in team-orientated and individual tasks.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong time management capabilities.
- Experience providing technical support preferred. Proficient in webinar delivery and be very comfortable working with new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic who can reliably work independently (as needed).
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Comfortable moving/lifting up to 40 pounds of books/equipment, etc.
- Ability to calmly, quickly, and effectively solve time-sensitive problems.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups.
Additional Requirements and Considerations:
- You may be subject to a pre-employment background check.
- Must have a verifiable past employment record.
- Reliable transportation.
- Very professional appearance.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Company Culture: Business casual, small office, team-oriented environment.
- Location: North suburban Niles location with free parking. Occasional travel to off-site locations. Periodic opportunity to work remotely.
- Full-time salaried position. Compensation depends on experience.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short term disability and life insurance, paid time off, and retirement (Simple IRA) with company match.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL. APPLY ONLINE: www.InstituteOnline.com/Jobs