Front Desk Staff- Residence
Under the direct supervision of the Hotel Desk Supervisor, the Hotel Desk Staff is responsible for providing services in the areas of guest reception, assistance and intake, switchboard, mail sorting, and cashier accountability.
Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 23 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for guest registration and guest check in/out.
- Resolution or referring customer complaints.
- Answering phones and completing mail handling on daily basis.
- Maintaining key inventory and billing of residents for missing keys on a weekly basis.
- Communicating with housekeeping on room availability.
- Completing recordkeeping as assigned
- Regularly survey the physical facility (inside and outside), looking for items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members, residents or guests, and remove the hazard or report it to your supervisor.
- Ensure that access to secure areas is limited to authorized personnel. Secure unsecured areas and immediately report non-functional items, such as broken locks and security equipment to your supervisor.
- Report any suspicious behavior and violations of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
Commitment to Inclusion:
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to inclusion of all members as required by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Job responsibilities may include implementing program modifications for persons with cognitive, behavioral or physical disabilities, including but not limited to the injection of medical glucagon to members with Type 1 diabetes in emergency situations. Appropriate training and development will be provided to YMCA team members based on your role and responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work/education experience,
- Must have strong customer service skills are a must.
- Switchboard, cash register and computer skills a plus.