Viking Gymnastics & Dance is Hiring Dance Instructors!
Viking Gymnastics & Dance is accepting immediate applications for a part-time dance instructor to teach dance classes in Ballet, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Tap, and Toddler/Kindergarten classes starting July 2019 through June 2020. Candidates with weekday evening and weekend availability on are encouraged to apply.
Our mission is to teach quality gymnastics & dance in a safe and encouraging fashion while giving the highest quality, individualized instruction to every student. Maintaining a positive and warm studio culture is of utmost importance to us. We are looking for encouraging, highly energetic and passionate dance instructors to join our family!
Heading into our third season, we foster a large recreational program of beginning/intermediate students. Viking’s recreational and competitive dance programs consist of mainly beginner and intermediate dancers. Instructors are expected to construct lesson plans based on age, ability level, and student growth while incorporating age-appropriate music and choreography.
- Maintain an energetic and motivational teaching presence
- Create a positive and nurturing learning environment
- Stay up-to-date on new dance trends and training methods
- Instruct students in proper, safe dance techniques
- Balance fun with hard work and dedication
- Instruct ages three and up in a variety of styles as needed
- Construct lesson plans based upon basic curriculum guidelines
- Choreograph and rehearse age appropriate routines for annual end of season recital
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience teaching children and beginning/intermediate level dancers
- Ability to relate to, motivate, and energize students of all ages and skill levels
- Comfortable with generating age appropriate choreographic material
- Adequate knowledge of technique vocabulary, anatomy, and kinesiology
- Ability to work within the guidelines of a pre-established curriculum
- Background or degree in Dance highly encouraged, but not required
- Minimum 2 years studio teaching experience
- Cover Letter describing your interest in the position, current availability and genres you are qualified to teach
- An online video linkto choreography and/or class teaching segments
- A list of three professional referencesthat can speak to your teaching style and artistry
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Full time employees (30+ hours) have the ability to receive health, vision, and dental insurance. Both full time and part time employees receive paid time off.
Viking Gymnastics & Dance offers competitive pay, paid personal time off, and flexible schedules. Full-time staff members are eligible for health benefits.
Viking Gymnastics & Dance is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Equal Opportunity Employer: Veterans/Disability